Also know as Iron Goddess of Mercy, this is one of our most well known Oolongs. The name Iron Goddess of Mercy came from a farmer named Mr. Wei. At the temple dedicated to Kuan Yin he was asked what is the name of his special tea. “It must be called Ti Kuan Yin in honor of the iron statue to Kuan Yin” he replied. As the name was a good one, it has never been changed.
This tea has a distinctive light cup that has hints of orchid-like flavor. Excellent for quiet moments.
- Tea Origin: Fujian Province, China
- Grade: Ti Kuan Yin Special
- Growing Altitudes: 1500-4500 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type: Semi fermented, Traditional process, Small batch crafted and formed, Hand sorted
- Infusion: Pale green yellow liquor, tending slightly amber
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Oolong tea