In many parts of the world, tea lovers believe that until you’ve tried Oriental Beauty, also known as Bai Hao Oolong, you’ve never truly had oolong tea.
To create the tea, only the fine white tips of freshly sprouted tea are plucked along with the small tender white buds that appear with new growth. The leaves and buds are gently rolled and left to oxidase briefly in the sun, gently darkening them and helping develop their delicate floral character. Next, the leaves are moved to the dryer where they are fired at high heat to lock in their exceptional flavor.
This tea has smooth and rich flavor with excellent mouth-feel. A taiwanese supreme oolong that exhibits the famous toast and jam character very well.
- Tea Origin: Taiwan
- Grade: Extra Super Fancy #1
- Growing Altitudes: 3500-5000 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type: Semi fermented, Traditional process, Small batch crafted and formed, Hand sorted.
- Infusion: Orange with bright copper highlights
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3-5 minutes.
- Do not add milk, sugar, lemon, or mint
Luxury ingredients: Oolong tea