This very special tea is only made during the first 3 weeks of April in Pinglin township in northern Taiwan. These tea bushes grow only in a select few tracts of land around the town. The processing of Pouchong falls somewhere between oolong and unfermented green tea. After plucking, the fresh leaf is allowed to oxidize for a very limited time before drying. Then the leaves are wrapped in paper during the drying process providing an exceptional brew.
This tea is fresh and lively with a slight astringent finish.
- Tea Origin: Nantou County, Taiwan
- Grade: Pouchong Spring Select
- Growing Altitudes: 2500-6000 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type: Semi fermented, Traditional process, small back crafted and formed, Hand sorted
- Infusion: Clear light green with yellow highlights
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Oolong tea