Hyson translates to ‘Flourishing Spring’ and this tea imparts the fresh green character you would expect to be a part of any springtime tea experience. This tea is made from young leaves (new shoots) giving it a higher quality and better taste.This tea became so highly favored in the 1700’s that the British Tea Tax was actually higher for this variety over other teas.
There is good body in the cup and a smooth fresh greenish tasting liquor.
- Green Tea Origin: Anhui Province, China
- Grade: Young Hyson
- Growing Altitudes: 1500-4900 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type(s): Non fermented, Traditional process, Small batch crafted
- Infusion: Pale Yellow Green
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Green Tea
There are no reviews yet.