This is a specialty Japanese style green tea that is blended with fire-toasted rice. The fresh vegetative character of the green tea is imparted on the cup but it is tempered with the bakey-like character of the rice. There is a natural sweetness and almost chewy character to the finish of this tea. During the firing of the rice, it is not uncommon for rice to ‘pop’ not unlike popcorn, hence the pet name ‘popcorn-tea’.
This tea has a light, golden yellow liquor with a unique, toasty rice flavor tending sweet.
- Green Tea Origin: Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan
- Grade: Sencha – Made to Japanese specifications
- Growing Altitude: 200-1000 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type(s): Non fermented, Traditional steamed, Pan dried and polished
- Infusion: Light, golden yellow liquor
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Green Tea, Roasted & Popped Rice