Of all the China black teas available, Keemun Panda #1 is probably one of the best known. Keemun is one of the congou-type teas; meaning it requires a great deal of gongfu, (disciplined skill) to make into fine taut strips without breaking the leaves. Interestingly the characters in the written Chinese script for time and labor are the same as those used for ‘gongfu’. It is often said that a properly produced Keemun such as Panda #1 is one of the finest teas in the world with a complex aromatic and penetrating character often compared to burgundy wines. Traditionally keemuns were used in English Breakfast tea.
- Tea Origin: Anhui Province, China
- Grade: Panda Grade #1
- Growing Altitudes: 1500-4900 feet above sea levewl
- Manufacture type: Special Keemun Orthodox
- Infusion: Bright tending reddish
- Caffeine: Medium
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 212⁰ for 5-7 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Black tea