Hojicha is produced using a 3rd flush Bancha style leaf known in the tea business as Sanbancha. The plucked leaves are steamed and dried in a style similar to that of Sencha. Next the dried leaf is roasted over a low heat – the low roasting temperature imparts a sweet taste and nice fresh aroma. This roasting process results in a tea with a light cup with a very unique flavor.
- Green Tea Origin: Kagoshima Prefecture, China
- Grade: Uji
- Growing Altitudes: 200-1000 feet above sea level
- Manufacture Type(s): Non fermented, Traditional process, Small batch crafted
- Infusion: Pale green yellow
- Caffeine: Low
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 175⁰ for 3 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Green Tea
There are no reviews yet.