Cochin Masala is a mixture of coconut, ground red chilies, dal, coriander, and turmeric. Cochin Masala is a cooking staple in Southern India and is used to flavor curries of all sorts. It is with high regard for the long history of this ancient city that we present this wonderful chai, one of India’s most popular beverages. Traditionally this chai would be brewed using milk instead of water. The same effect however, can be created by brewing your tea in the usual fashion and adding warm milk. Brew yourself a cup and be spiritually transported to old Cochin – a truly superb tea.
This is a full bodied tea enhanced with South Indian masala spices. The finish has cardamom notes peeking out from lively ginger. Superb with milk and sugar.
- Ingredients From: India / Kenya / Thailand
- Grade(s): Broken Orange Pekoe (BOP) / Broken Pekoe #1 (BP1)
- Manufacture Type: Cut, Torn, & Curled (CTC)
- Infusion: Bright and coppery with gold highlights
- Caffeine: Medium
- Steeping Instructions: 1 tsp of tea for 8oz water. Steep at 212⁰ for 5-7 minutes.
Luxury ingredients: Black tea, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Black & White pepper, Clove, Nutmeg.